Shirl the Pearl 2020 Harvest, a seasonal edition Cumquat Gin with fresh uplifting notes, zesty characteristics, and a long finish. Expect refreshing waves of orange blossom.
Eddie’s grandmother Shirley aka ‘Shirl the Pearl’ was a pocket rocket. Adventurer, skier, and one of Australia’s first female pilots, Shirl also made a mean bootleg Cumquat Gin. Inspired by Shirl, we steep locally grown Cumquats in our Brookie’s Dry Gin for several months and balance the spirit to create springtime in a glass! This is her recipe and an ode to Shirl the Pearl.
All pricing is GST inclusive.
Some fun facts about Shirl the Pearl:
• Made from Cumquats, this grape-sized fruit fills your mouth with a big burst of citrus flavour
• Unlike other citrus fruits, the skin of the Cumquats is paper-thin and edible
• Cumquats are steeped in Brookie’s Byron Dry Gin and macerated for several months
• Blended with Mount Warning Spring Water and bottled at 37.7% ABV
• Expect refreshing waves of orange blossom with fresh & zesty characteristics
• SIP Awards 2020 – SILVER
– 14, November, 2020
Best gin I’ve ever tasted.
(verified owner) – 16, November, 2020
Thanks Enzo! So nice to hear 🙂
(verified owner) – 18, November, 2020
Gin so good you could drink it neat! This has become my new favourite – please make it permanent!
(verified owner) – 19, November, 2020
Thank you Lindsey! so lovely to hear 🙂 Pauline
(verified owner) – 28, November, 2020
Look, I wanted to give this a 1-star rating so no-one else could buy it, and I could buy all their stock, but I can’t in good conscience do that. As many people as possible need to get to try this. So let me say: if you want a gin that is so mind-blowingly out-of-this-world, slap your wallet on the table and tell the folks at Cape Byron Distillery to send you a bottle of this.
Some gins are born great, some gins achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. With Shirl the Pearl, it’s definitely all three.
My compliments to the distillery – this is second to none!
(verified owner) – 30, November, 2020
Hi Preston, what a beautiful review! You did give us a fright at first:) If you don’t mind we might share your lovely words on our social, it makes us so happy to hear! Enjoy Shirl the Pearl and let us know your favourite recipes! Cheers, Pauline
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry, prize, or claim for a prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by a winner or entrant; and
(f) use of the prize.
1. Your participation in this Competition constitutes your deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Stone & Wood Brewing Co and Cape Byron Distillery reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that tampers with the entry process or is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
3. In order to constitute a valid entry into the Competition, entrants subscribe to Stone & Wood Brewing Co and Cape Byron Distillery by entering their email address and first name on the provided form.
4. Entry to the Competition is limited to one entry by email address.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. The Competition commences on Monday 12 April 2021 at 3pm ADST and closes Thursday 29 April 11:59pm ADST.
7. The winner will be picked at random by Cape Byron Distillery and the winner will receive 1 x 4-pack The Gatherer (375ml Cans) + 1 x 350ml Brookie’s Byron Slow Gin + 1 x Brookie’s branded Jam Jar +Dried Flowers Garnish + Recipe Card – valued at $64 (plus flowers . Only those who have participated during the competition period are eligible for the prize.
8. The winner selection will take place at Cape Byron Distillery at 9.30am AEST on Friday 30th April. The Promoter’s office is located at 80 St Helena Road, McLeods Shoot, 2479, NSW.
9. The prize winner will be notified by email. The Promoter’s decision is final and conclusive. We will send the prize directly to the winner’s address.
10. If this Competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
11. The prize will be deemed unclaimed if it is not collected as and when directed by the Promoter.
12. The use of any automated entry software, or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the Competition repeatedly, is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
13. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to the following:
14. Employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter this Competition.
15. You must be over the age of 18 to enter and reside in Australia.
Looking for a fun and enriching experience in Byron Bay for your corporate team? Book in with us at Cape Byron Distillery! We can tailor the experience to include a rainforest tour, a guided tasting, an exclusive whisky tour and/or a cocktail session paired with a charcuterie spread. Simple, just fill the form below.