Piña Colada, the cocktail that whisks you away to memories of holidays.
Looking to celebrate World Piña Colada Day held on this Saturday, the 10th of July?
Of course, you are! Because no matter where you are in the world there is something about a Piña Colada that whisks you away to memories of basking in the sun poolside, the smell of sunscreen on your skin, and a carefree day of sweet, sweet nothing ahead of you.
Especially now that Winter has arrived, it’s definitely time to feel Summer again. We’ve collaborated with our friends and neighbours at Byron Bay Peanut Butter to serve you up a couple of delicious Piña Colada twists on the ultimate vacation-style cocktail. Perfect pick-me-up recipes featuring our much-loved macadamia liqueur Mac. by Brookie’s.
Crunchy Mac. ~ can’t mess it up, just blend all with ice and serve in a tall glass
Expert Colada ~ For the more serious home mixologist or the one who isn’t afraid of an experiment, the Expert Colada turns this quintessentially Summer cocktail into the perfect fireside sipper by creating a milk wash!
Milk Wash Instructions:
· Combine all the ingredients (except the whole milk or coconut cream) into a jug and mix
· Add the whole milk or coconut cream into a second jug
· Slowly add the contents of the first jug to the milk or coconut cream (add to the milk or coconut cream and not the other way round – MUY IMPORTANTE)
· Stir gently, let it curdle up – let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours for extra clarity
· Strain through cheesecloth, a tea towel, or a coffee filter
· Wait patiently – this will take some time to strain
· Strain everything a second time
· Pour into glass over one big clear ice cube
From the Caribbeans, Falernum Syrup is a tropical/spicier version of orgeat syrup with Ginger, Lime, and Almond flavours!