Work With Cape Byron Distillery
Melbourne/VIC Sales Executive
Cape Byron Distillery, innovative makers of internationally awarded Brookie’s Gin and Cape Byron Whisky are excited to be offering this full-time, Melbourne-based role to nurture, develop and grow an established customer base.
Cape Byron Distillery is a leading Australian independent and family-owned distillery, and one of only two spirit distillers in Australia to achieve B Corp certification, highlighting the team’s commitment to conducting the highest standard of production and corporate social responsibility. Sustainability is in our DNA and has always been the fundamental building block for our operations.
We are growing our team on the ground in Melbourne and are on the hunt for a highly organised, motivated, engaged, legend of a human to come on board full-time as Melbourne/VIC Sales Executive.
This is a special role for someone who shares our values & passions, loves our gin & whisky, and is ready to fall in love with our customers. We are looking for someone who knows the local market, has sales experience, knows the difference between a martini and a negroni, and wants to be a part of a growing team.
The role will include:
- Showcasing Brookie’s Gin and Cape Byron Whisky amongst the ever-growing craft spirits community
- Growing the brand and managing sales in Melbourne, VIC
- Running training sessions with bar and bottle shop staff
- Coordinating brand activations
- Off-premise tastings, which often include introducing a drinker to our range of Brookie’s Gin and Cape Byron Whisky products, and changing their choice of spirit for the rest of their life!
- Participating in events and festivals
- Analysing and reporting on meaningful sales data
- Working as part of our national sales team
- Full-time hours with occasional night-time and weekend work
- And importantly, supporting our customers
At Cape Byron Distillery we value those we work alongside as our most important assets. We believe in creating an environment in which they can continue to grow and develop in their chosen careers and look forward to providing you with:
- A competitive salary reflective of experience + super + car allowance
- Bonuses for exceeding quarterly sales targets and KPIs
- Tools required for the job, if needed (phone, laptop etc)
- A monthly staff allowance of our award-winning spirits
- Work trips to our distillery in Byron Bay!
- The freedom to work autonomously alongside the support of our sales team & management
- Potential for career development
- The perfect excuse to hang out at your favourite bars and bottle shops
- An encouraging environment where you can thrive and be yourself
Must have previous experience in a sales environment or in the liquor industry.
You must hold a full driver’s license, have your own reliable vehicle, and hold a current VIC RSA.
Sound like the perfect job? We want to hear from you!
Jump on our website (www.capebyrondistillery.com) to see what makes us tick, and apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining what you can bring to the Cape Byron Distillery team.
Only applications accompanied by a cover letter will be considered
Cape Byron Distillery is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.