A rare gin made from the jewel of our rainforest, the Davidson Plum.
Brookie’s Byron Slow Gin is the first of its kind. Made in the traditional style of the English ‘Sloe’ gin, Brookie’s Byron Slow Gin showcases a unique rainforest fruit native to the subtropical region of Byron Bay, the Davidson Plum. We steep these plums in our Byron Dry Gin and let time weave its magic. Expect exhilarating flavours of rose, watermelon, and bright plum.
Check out Slow Gin recipes here.
All pricing is GST inclusive.
Some fun facts about Brookie’s Byron Slow Gin:
• Made from the Davidsonia plum, a rare rainforest fruit
• Davidson plums are indigenous to the Northern Rivers, NSW and South-East QLD
• Davidson plums are packed with an array of vitamins and minerals, it is a true “bushfood” delicacy
• Davidson Plums are steeped in Brookie’s Byron Dry Gin and macerated for several months
• Blended with Mount Warning spring water and bottled at 26% ABV
• Expect exhilarating flavour of Rose, Watermelon and bright Plum
• SIP Awards 2021 – PLATINUM & CONSUMERS’ CHOICE AWARD
• USA Spirits Ratings 2020 – GOLD + Best in Show – Australian Gin
• SIP Awards 2020 – GOLD
• Food & Beverage Industry Awards 2020 – Locally Sourced Winner
• International Wine & Spirit Competition 2020 – GOLD
• World Gin Awards 2019 – GOLD
• Difford’s Guide 2019 – 5 Stars + (Outstanding Quality Certified)
• San Francisco Spirits Awards 2018 – GOLD
• SIP Awards 2018 – PLATINUM & CONSUMERS’ CHOICE AWARD
• Australian Distilled Spirits Awards 2018 – SILVER
– 23, January, 2019
Loving the Slow gin! We’ve experimented with tonic or soda, and a twist of lemon or orange. I’m just now sipping a tall glass with soda and lemon and it’s delicious! Dry but with a lovely Australian bush taste. Looking forward to our upcoming distillery tour where I plan to ravage the tasting table ?.
Cape Byron Distillery
– 24, January, 2019
Very happy to hear you’re loving the Slow! I do too:) I love it on the rocks or in a Negroni! You can check our cocktail recipes for inspiration.
You’ll get to try Mac. on your tour too ~ see you soon! Pauline
(verified owner) – 22, June, 2019
This is my favourite slow gin just about to make another purchase have recommended it to friends who now love it too
– 24, June, 2019
Thank you for the lovely feedback & for sharing with your friends! Great to hear:)
– 2, August, 2019
This is by far my most favourite drink. On the rocks or with a mixer it is divine !!!!
First purchased this lovely tipple in the Blue Mountains at a fine Providores in Katoomba, and was smitten from the first sample.
Congratulations on the awards and the San Francisco judges definitely got it right……this is a GOLD award indeed!!
The biggest problem is finding this on the shelf in Central West NSW .
– 5, August, 2019
Hi Lisa, thank you for the great feedback! The Slow is so delicious on the rocks!
Have you tried using our stockist map on the website? Head to Stockist > Where to buy & enter your city, to see your nearest stockists.
You can also purchase it directly from our website:)
(verified owner) – 6, October, 2019
This is the mist delicious gin I live the Davidson Plum notes. It’s not to sweet at all and is so drinkable on to our 5 th bottle since Feb. postage is good too.
– 8, October, 2019
Thank you Karen! That is so lovely to hear:) We have a few recipes on the website using the Slow, you might be interested in:)
– 9, May, 2020
Just discovered this and it satisfied 2 criteria. A gin that is perfect “on the rocks” and a name that grabbed my attention on the shelf of my local in Adelaide. Love it.
– 11, May, 2020
So good! Slow on the rocks is excellent:) Thank you for your support and follow us on @brookiesgin insta for more recipes! Cheers, Pauline
(verified owner) – 26, May, 2021
This is an amazing gin. So refreshing! Would recommend as a definite to try!
(verified owner) – 27, May, 2021
Thank you so much Sarah for the lovely review and your support!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
No Alcohol can be sold or supplied to anyone under 18. It’s against the law.
1. Your participation in this Competition constitutes your deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Stone & Wood Brewing Co and Cape Byron Distillery reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that tampers with the entry process or is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
3. In order to constitute a valid entry into the Competition, entrants subscribe to Stone & Wood Brewing Co and Cape Byron Distillery by entering their email address and first name on the provided form.
4. Entry to the Competition is limited to one entry by email address.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. The Competition commences on Monday 12 April 2021 at 3pm ADST and closes Thursday 29 April 11:59pm ADST.
7. The winner will be picked at random by Cape Byron Distillery and the winner will receive 1 x 4-pack The Gatherer (375ml Cans) + 1 x 350ml Brookie’s Byron Slow Gin + 1 x Brookie’s branded Jam Jar +Dried Flowers Garnish + Recipe Card – valued at $64 (plus flowers . Only those who have participated during the competition period are eligible for the prize.
8. The winner selection will take place at Cape Byron Distillery at 9.30am AEST on Friday 30th April. The Promoter’s office is located at 80 St Helena Road, McLeods Shoot, 2479, NSW.
9. The prize winner will be notified by email. The Promoter’s decision is final and conclusive. We will send the prize directly to the winner’s address.
10. If this Competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
11. The prize will be deemed unclaimed if it is not collected as and when directed by the Promoter.
12. The use of any automated entry software, or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the Competition repeatedly, is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry, prize, or claim for a prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by a winner or entrant; and
(f) use of the prize.
13. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to the following:
14. Employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter this Competition.
15. You must be over the age of 18 to enter and reside in Australia.
Looking for a fun and enriching experience in Byron Bay for your corporate team? Book in with us at Cape Byron Distillery! We can tailor the experience to include a rainforest tour, a guided tasting, an exclusive whisky tour and/or a cocktail session paired with a charcuterie spread. Simple, just fill the form below.